Report generation is an important feature as they enable users to better understand the data they own.
FintechOS provides you with the following types of reports:
- Custom Reports. Complex operational reports created using Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Document Reports. They allow you to automatically generate specific entity data based on static document templates.
- Simple Grid Reports. Similar to Excel spreadsheets, they offer a tabular view of data; each column representing a field and each row representing a record.
In FintechOS, reports can have one of the following scopes:
- General. They are not linked to any entity in the platform as they disregard the ID of the entity on which they exist. You can generate these reports from the menu specified upon creation.
- Entity. They are automatically linked with the ID of the entity on which they have been generated (specified upon creation).
While report documents make sense in an entity scope, custom and document reports can be added with either the general or entity scope.
The reports’ security is managed in a role-based manner by using security roles. After creating a report, you can specify the security roles per report, meaning that only users with the specified security roles will be able to access the report.